Protection and Ventilation
Our process has standards to the industry with a few exceptions. All refinishers use drop-cloths, tape, paper, HVLP spray guns and ventilation to refinish tubs. But some use steps that we don’t, read more below.
No Acid Etching
Our product adheres so well we don’t need to use dangerous acids to etch the surface of your tub or tile. Many companies still use dangerous acids to create microscopic scratches in the surface of your tub and tile to increase the bond between their product and your surface.
No Primers or Epoxies
We do not need to use any primers. Our product bonds directly to the surface of the tub or tile that we are reglazing. This one step process ensures a longer durability and flexibility. Less layers means less chances for separation. No epoxies means no no brittle cracking or chipping in just a year or two.
Steps in the Process
- We clean your tub and tile with non-toxic cleaners.
- We remove any caulk.
- We make the needed repairs.
- We cover the floor and objects in the room.
- We remove the fixtures. (optional, conditions permitting)
- We tape off the area.
- We set up the ventilation.
- We mix our glaze and let it set up.
- We spray it on.
- We remove the protection and ventilation.
- We leave the tape up to avoid debris falling into the tub before it is cured.
- We can bake the tub to offer a 24 hour turn around (additional cost) otherwise it is a 72 hour cure process
- Review the work with our customer and receive payment.